Health and well-being platform
- A unique navigation platform designed in partnership with Novus Health specifically for those insured for life and health insurance with Desjardins Insurance.
- It contains reliable, validated health information and resources to help them navigate Canada’s public healthcare system and make informed decisions.
- Your clients and their loved ones can access these services anytime, whether they’re healthy or going trough a more difficult time.
- Information and helpful tools available 24/7.
- It gathers all the assistance services available[ 1 ] to your clients based on their insurance policies in-force, such as the second medical opinion from Best Doctors or Advance Medical, or the recovery assistance from Assistel, etc.
1 If your client has insurance policies issued before June 18, 2018, he or she could have access to additional assistance services not included on the platform.
Phone assistance services
Telephone support is also available and may include a personalized information guide, depending on the specific needs and medical condition of the client.
This service is confidential.
Here are examples of assistance available online or by phone:
- Receive an in-depth explanation of a medical condition, illness or the side effects of a new prescription
- Provide guidance and information on how to live with a disability or a critical illness, such as cancer, and the treatment options available
- Direct you to support groups and helpful resources for caregivers in your area
This platform helps show your clients that, like Desjardins Insurance, you care about their health and well-being.
Indeed, according to a survey by Consumer Health Products Canada (CHP Canada) conducted in July 2017, Canadians with higher health literacy scores tend to enjoy better health. It also shows that:
- 53% of Canadians find it difficult to judge the reliability of information on health risk in the media
- 36% of Canadians find it difficult to find information on how to manage health problems like stress and depression
- 35% of Canadians find it difficult to judge different treatment options
Your clients will be reassured to know they can find reliable, validated information and resources about health and well-being on our platform at any time.