Issue age - (age nearest)
Amount of insurance
- If the total amount of insurance is $10,000 or more.
- If the total amount of insurance is $125,000 or more.
- If the total amount of insurance is $250,000 or more.
- Fixed and guaranteed
- The payment depends on the main insurance coverage (10, 15, 20 years or until the end of the main insurance coverage)
End of coverage
At the first of these eventualities:
- The 70th birthday of the insured
- The death of the insured
- The date of conversion of the policy into a reduced paid-up insurance (reduced insurance amount)
- The date of termination or end of the policy
Accidental death, Dismemberment or Loss of use
A percentage of the chosen insurance amount is payable for each loss mentioned below, provided that they resulted from different accidents. If the insured incurs more than one loss because of the same accident, the total amount paid will not exceed 100% of the chosen insurance amount. The dismemberment, loss or death has to occur within 365 days following the accident.
|Loss||Applicable percentage |
|Two hands or two feet||100%|
|Hand and foot||100%|
|Foot and eye||100%|
|Hand and eye||100%|
|Hand or feet||50%|
A benefit is payable for each fracture, provided that they have resulted from different accidents. If the insured incurs more than one fracture because of the same accident, they will receive the highest applicable insurance amount. For the benefit to be payable, the fracture must be diagnosed within 30 days following the accident.
|Dome of the skull*||$5,000|
|Spine (with the exception of the coccyx)||$5,000|
|Pelvis (with the exception of the coccyx)||$5,000|
|Bones not included above (including coccyx)||$750|
*The dome of the skull includes the frontal, sphenoid, occipital, parietal and temporal bones.
- If the insured incurs more than one loss or fracture in the same accident, the highest applicable benefit amount will be paid.
- If, following an accident, the insured incurs one or more losses or fractures and dies 365 days later, only the benefit amount in the event of an accidental death will be paid.
- The benefit is doubled in certain circumstances (e.g. accident aboard a public transportation vehicle)